الاثنين، 21 نوفمبر 2011

From Mazen ABBOUD TO IPI World Press Freedom Hero Nedim Şener

From Mazen ABBOUD TO IPI World Press Freedom Hero Nedim Şener who remains jailed in Turkey facing terrorism accusations and will soon complete his 250th day in pre-trial detention at Silivri Prison.



Dear Nedim,

How are you hero? How is freedom?
I do address you today without being that far away from you, hero. I feel that I am indeed with you tonight listening to the wind of change hurling within the cold small prison room that is holding your free spirit; change my friend is at the door.

I still can feel tonight the courage of the young leader I met in Vienna in 2010. Oh Vienna, you were a turning point in my life course. You were so special, because you made me meet heroes who shaped & are shaping history; you made me encounter people who broke walls of fear, and laid the foundations of new eras. I cannot forget you; I cannot forget the coronation of your distinguished guests, especially the young enlightened spirit from Constantinople.

Dear Nedim, keep in mind that nobody can stop your ideas, which are flying as high as eagles. Although your rulers had detained you, I feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for them, because they do not know that freedom of speech cannot be imprisoned for long, & change cannot be indicted for good.

Feel high my friend, because you were born free, &, you will always be. I am your ideas, your courage & your determination. Feel high because we are all with
you in your dark room, sharing with you your difficult moments. You are indeed our motto & eternal hero.

Sincerely,
Mazen H.ABBOUD

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق