الجمعة، 24 أبريل 2009

Beirut, the Tale of a Wandering City…

Published in Fit n Style Magazine October,2008

All of a sudden my Friend s dreams went by… & the beautiful places that he used to adore vanished in the deserts of fears. He saw the magnificent couples of yesterday, dedicated to love, becoming worrying demons. & he showed me couples walking along side the newly made barriers in Beirut. I saw men & women looking at each others without having a single hag. They were just starring in the no where, as if they were in a no man land. They were as if it were their first encounter. What separated them were Dates, Numbers & causes. These became barriers in my Town. Beirut, the princess of Beauty that was worshiped, is no longer the same. It commences to change for good!!!
My friend cried & I regretted a city that is deteriorating. I deplored Cities & women when they seek new adventures in spite of the fact that they were striving in peace & understanding.
Why do they do so? Is peace a boring game & a static destiny?? Is change a goal in itself? Or are they just looking for a different taste & a different profile? I could not grasp the major reason that makes cities abandon their blue eyes for a much darker tint & the sweet taste for a bitter one!!!
However, I still do not know why this hero became of the past!!!
& the dragons resurrected in an infinite forms into the City!! I do not really know what happened between you princess & your mighty legendary lover!! Is it the city or the Saint who betrayed? Or is it simply the end of a love story?
I am afraid that Beirut who divorced its protector, invited its tormentor to step in. I do not know why I got this scent of bloody perfume in my mind, this scene of a dusty city in my eyes & this tune of deadly dark music into my ears!!!
I got fears that George, the Mighty Saint, has gone mad & deceived for good!!! I am afraid, he would not accept to stay, any further, imprisoned in our man made icons that decorate our walls!!! I do not know if he would accept, any longer, to stay in the hotels we made after his name in down town city!!
Oh Beirut my fancy lady, please do give your decision a second thought. I got bored from blood… I got bored from Ladies abandoning love for the sake of brutal passion & Violence. Please do get back to your Saint, Lover & Protector…


Do Ladies & cities get bored of love & prosperity if ever happened?? Are they looking for turbulence? & is that much violence appealing?
I regretted passion seekers @ the expenses of love!!
Then my friend said" I do not believe in passion since it is baked with violence". I too hated passion, since it seldom ends with terror.
Oh my Beirut, tell me why your shining smile is turning frightening?
Oh my city, don’t you see that you are regaining your fatal destiny on yesterday!! & that cursed days of hatred & atrocities are difficult to get rid of!!!
Please Beirut, do tell me if you are still imprisoned or you have been liberated? I used to see you smiling; but I did not really know if your eyes were the mirrors of your blue depth or were they masking the demons in your seas!!
There used to be a nice city with a dragon; A city that was called Beirut. Then Saint George of the Levant killed the monster & liberated the Virgin. & the city became the fiancé of that mighty hero... that was a very long time ago & we were not!!!

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق